Thursday, 14 March 2013

shopping in another part of the world?

This morning had that air about it, well in fact yesterday afternoon did too!  It was that Autumn feeling.  I love this time of year!  The Skies go on forever, the air is just so fresh you can feel each
and every lung full run through all the cells in your body; and the light?  There is some thing about the light too! The light at this time of year just makes your soul sing!  Yes! I love this time of year it's definitely Autumn!

We had visitors over the weekend - which is lovely to catch up with all the "Goss".  Though most of the time it is "boys" goss - nothing nitty gritty to get my teeth into!  However, this particular visitor is a little different - he always brings down a "Treasure Trove" of goodies for me ..... Oh! and El Ranchero too? .....  Bless him!

I LOVE HOME RAISED DUCK

RECIPES? WHO AM I KIDDING?  EL RANCHERO DOES A LOVELY  ROAST DUCK!
We had some lovely ducks that he and his wife dressed for us, so it looks as if I'm going to be pulling out some of those French recipes, who am I kidding? ..... El Ranchero has been cooking the duck of late! and I sure as hell am not complaining he does a scrumptious job!  Oh! I need to mention that our "Dear" friend drove over four and a half hours to share his wonderful offerings!


We also were given some Venison that has been turned into a "jerky" just "Divine" with chilli too! my favourite - he hunts the Fallow deer here on our property, then takes the carcases back to his place and hangs them there.  Then they are either made into lovely sausages which he combines with pork from pigs that he and his wife produce on their  own little place.  The pigs are then taken down to the abattoir to be slaughtered - on those occasions we also receive beautiful pork chops and leg of pork too! or we get this lovely deer jerky that he has a friend of his make up.  We are spoiled?  Yes we are!

The other thing I love about the weekend and visitors and such is - Sunday Breaky - It would have to be one of my favourite meal times! and I think Brunch follows in the same vain too.  It's a lovely relaxing time where everyone is in a great mood and they are fresh and revitalised for another week!  Yes, in fact that is how we start our week of again!

PORKY AND I
Though the week did not start out how I would have envisioned it!  Porky and I were coming up beside a Mob of cows that we were moving back out into their paddock after being in for Weaning!  

TIS ME! - LILY-PUP
Well we came up this steep rocky bank, through all this "Shiny Bush" - Dosonaea viscosa subsp. spatulata - at a trot.  Then out of nowhere, Porky suddenly braked - did this massive jump sideways over two metres I might just say - well she did not ask me about this "particular movement" and I had no idea about this "particular movement", so just like a sack of potatoes I hit the ground hard - "Jesus" was all I could muster.  I got winded and could not move!  "God I hate getting old - that hurt" - mean-time Porky and Lily-poo had gone of and put the cows through the gate - Bless the little "sods". 


El Ranchero came up behind me a short while later on Pedro - "What are you doing down there?" - was what he said to me.  "How are you going to get the cattle in sitting on your A....se", was his next sentence - I still was unable to move.   Then Lily-poo came bounding along with a big smile on her face - and licked my check as I was still splayed out on the ground like that sack of potatoes - "What-cha doing?" was what Lily said, "Porky and I got them in you know!" - "Jesus" is what I said.........

 A TYRE THAT HAS HAD A PUNCTURE REPAIRED
So shopping on the following day was less than eventful! an hour and a bit to get there and then ..... doing all the "boy stuff".  

NOW TO MAKE ROOM? - JUST SHOVE IT IN SOMEWHERE
I wonder what shopping is like in another part of the world?  Going to the Steel fabricators? the auto Wreckers?  the Gas suppliers and Plumbers?  the Firearms shoppe?  the Stock feeders?  the Huskvarna dealership? the Auto supply shop?  Coffee anyone? ........ 

AH! THE TURN OFF

AND WE ARE HOME AGAIN
......... coming home is always wonderful though! Thank God for the beauty! and our own little piece here on this wonderful Blue Planet floating through space!  We would have to be Blessed! ...... by Simone McPherson