Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Stir's your heart ...



by Simone McPherson 
You know, that when your week starts with the sound of the angle grinder grinding away on the Land rover along with a lot of foreign language that your week is going to be an interesting one to say the least.  


Well that is how our week started, El Ranchero having a conversation with the Land rover and then that sound of the angle grinder, screaming away as it started cutting through metal underneath the Land rover.  There were orange flames streaming out like a fountain as the angle grinder cut into the Land rover.  Then a few minutes later El Ranchero appears in the kitchen proudly holding the trophies that he has severed from the Land rover.  

I being the inquisitive type, inquire – “are those important parts for the operation of the vehicle?” – El Ranchero just gave me that look, you know the one – “women; what do they know".

I get that ‘look’ from Pedro at times when I tell him of how beautiful and handsome he is – “well of course I am – how is it you do not know this? I am Andalusian?” – That is when he talks to me in Spanish and gives me that ‘look’.
 
And I also get that ‘look’ from Porky girl when I tell her that, “there are, - NO MONSTERS - hiding in the bushes” – when we go out mustering …. It’s that same look – “what do you know?”

DON'T TALK TO ME NOW - THIS NEEDS MY UNMOST CONCENTRATION - I CAN DO IT! EVEN  FOR AN OLD DOG!

DID YOU MENTION "RABBIT"? - WHERE? I'LL GET IT! - I'LL GET IT!
The dogs on the other hand have a completely different ‘look’ – it’s more of a look that says “well common, do it! – I can do it! Just ask me to, come on! Come on!” – ‘look’.

The other day we awoke to a cloud resting in the paddock which was a lovely sight. 


We are still spending the days moving the Tiny Weannies around – El Ranchero tells me that all this moving about is all about educating them, so that they are easier to handle.


You see Tiny Weannies are very unpredictable, impulsive, reckless and erratic to say the least, to some of the things they do and get up to.  


It’s like following the leader – though in this case the leader has no idea not a clue to where it is ‘he’ is heading - then in turn this leader is followed by this mass of Weannies all rushing forward in one huge group and on these occasions they just run and run and run and run!

On another note we did make the Art Exhibition in the Woolshed – though we did not get there til after 14:30 in the afternoon .......

  ..... as we had stock work all morning.  

The day was very overcast and cold, wanting to rain, though it held off which was a good thing - I would imagine for the exhibitors and to the many visitors who had driven all the way out there to enjoy the day. 

They received just over 900 people which was a great turn out.  The Textile Exhibitors had beautiful examples of their work along with the woodworkers - though this year the local painting/drawing exhibits of the ‘District’ were sadly lacking and virtually non-existent.  And unfortunately the volunteers were not given enough guidance into the procedure of hanging the pieces of art work, my canvases were virtually at floor level all jammed up in a dark corner, though I must say that the old woolshed does not have a lot of natural light – never mind perhaps next time they will have some help with a co-ordinator.  
We lashed out on a ‘Hot Chocolate’ each which was absolutely delicious, as they had run out of the Mulled Wine, listened to the last few repertoires that the musicians played and said ‘Hello’ to a few people that we knew, talked with the textile and the wood crafts people before I packed up my paintings – 




 ...... and off we went back home again. 

My paintings have found new homes – I made a few phone calls and sold my canvases myself, so that now they can bring pleasure to others which is what ‘Art’ is all about, really.  

It’s about how the art work makes you feel, you being the beholder.  Of how it brings you joy and happiness knowing that, that piece of art work may inspire you in your everyday life with the colours, the lines, the textures and even the brushstrokes of an image that stirs your heart, your very being.